Thursday, November 26, 2009

My First Post

I have decided that this is the perfect day to start my blog. I have been getting lots of requests for a blog page, so here it is. Let's hope no one regrets getting me started. First, let's get the thanks out of the way. I am thankful. Period. End of thanks.

On to the more important issues. I have decided that it is time to answer every singe lie, misquote, rumor, innuendo, crazy statement, and argument that is made by pundits and politicians and that does not adhere to the simple concept of truth, honor, dignity and respect.

The first "big lie", we must support our President in times of war. Amazingly the minds who thought this up forgot that their guy would eventually be out of office and they would have to explain why suddenly it was okay to critisize the President. I am talking to the Rush Limbaugh & Glenn Beck fans who suddenly feel that it is okay to berate the Commander in Chief and question his decisions. I seem to recall these same "patriots" calling it treason to question Bush.

I am not saying we should not question President Obama, I have plenty of questions, like why aren't we able to effect real change in Washington? Why are there still earmarks? Why can't we get rid of lobbyists? Why is Wall Street still the Wild West in terms of compensation? Where are the regulators? When will we see true reform? Why is health care reform so complex? Why can't we respond accordingly to lies regarding the "public option", "death panels" and other absurdities? And finally, when will we speak the truth about why Muslims hate us?

That brings me to the second "big lie", Muslims hate us for our freedom. Wrong, they hate us for our hypocrisy. We who defend freedom and democracy ensure the reign of one of the most oppressive regimes in the world. The House of Saud. Yup, remember when Bush held hands and kissed this head of state? No one questioned his motives. But President Obama bows to show respect in Japan, a country where not bowing is a high insult, and suddenly he's a pansy? What? He's giving away American superiority? Really? Sorry folks, but we lost the moral high ground the minute Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and their band of Blackwater thugs went to Iraq under dubious circumstances and started an illegal war by invading a soverign nation and while our attention was on the war, these same genuises managed to allow the largest financial scam to go undetected and now, these same people are somehow blaming all this on President Obama. Neat trick, despicable, but what the hell, its politics right?

The constant drumbeat of "lower taxes" despite the cost of two wars and rebuilding an economy show such a stunning lack of intelligence, vision and ability I am at a loss to explain how seemingly intelligent people can fail to grasp basic math. Our military, police and teachers are our most important assets and the foundation of our democracy, yet they are paid a fraction of what we allow celebrities and athletes to make, why?

I plan to use this blog to post pieces detailing the flaws in much of the conservative policy. I will also write about Democratic failures and policy issues. I will be reposting several earlier pieces I have written on the Myth called the Democratization of Money, the Failure of Leadership, in Politics & Education and much more. This blog is going to explore the nature of truth, politics, philosophy and science. I welcome additional contributions and comments.

Why did I call by blog "Who is John Galt"? John Galt was a man who believed we should honor ability and acheivment, that life was for those who were accomplished, who could produce, not those who stole others ideas, or those who merely pontificated. I believe John Galt would support President Obama as a man of ability. This man is no looter, he is not a moocher. These terms need to be revisited (and will be in my next post I think). Objectivism is not the opposite of Liberalism, it is the opposite of Collectivism. We need to think about who is asking us to think for ourselves and who is asking us to join the common mindset?

2 comments:

  1. hmmm, when I added the link www.whoisjohngalt.blogspot.com it showed up as Infinite Jest, a blog that has not seen a post in 6 years and belongs to someone named Kirsten...........????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. lisa, i was trying to link your blog to my blog......

    ReplyDelete